[SGVLUG] Polling Web Sites

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Wed Nov 28 11:55:06 PST 2007

On another list, a similar topic/request came up (but in this case
pushing XML "stuff" to a "web service")  In one of the responses was
this link:

     http://www.jmarshall.com/easy/http/

Thought it might be of benefit to the discussion...

> -----Original Message----- Of juanslayton at dslextreme.com
>
>      Got a little project here that I could use some help on.
>  El Monte City School District uses a program called Aesop to
> post daily openings for substitute teachers.  [...]
>
> [looking for a way to programmatically "refresh" the page]

Hmmm... After summarizing what you were after, another thought/solution
has surfaced in my mind -- are you using Firefox?  If so, you might
consider using Greasemonkey to dynamically alter the page you are
viewing to add a "refresh" meta-tag to the "document" -- then your
browser will do all the work...