[SGVLUG] Polling Web Sites

Stan Bridgeford stan.bridgeford at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 00:46:40 PST 2007

Hey John,

Here is a simple solution that I came up with.  Just create a web page
that calls itself every n seconds with an iframe containing the page
on the other web site you want to refresh.  When you page calls itself
 it will also load a new copy of the remote page inside your page.

Here is an example that automatically refreshes "The Drudge Report"
every 12 seconds:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE></TITLE>
URL=http://www.yourdomain.com/dummy.html">
</HEAD>

<BODY>
<h2>Waiting for Refresh</h2>
<hr width="100%"><br>
			<iframe  id="1001"
			src="http://www.drudgereport.com/"
			width="100%"
			height="512"
			scrolling="auto"
			align="top"
			frameborder="1"
			class="wrapper">
			This option will not work correctly.  Unfortunately, your browser
does not support Inline Frames
			</iframe>

</BODY>
</HTML>