[SGVLUG] Polling Web Sites

BB Odenthal bb.odenthal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 17:59:16 PST 2007

Here's a sample that I use with wget to fetch a secure URL.  AKA tcp-connect

wget --proxy=off -nv --http-user=foo --http-passwd=bar  -O admin.htm
--no-check-certificate https:/192.168.1.1/admin.htm

It will log into the site and download the admin.htm page to the local
directory without generating any status to STDOUT.

-bb