[SGVLUG] Preventing certain Machines from Internet

Arthur Baldwin eengnerd at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 18:14:22 PST 2007

Thank you very much for your feedback, everyone!  I was hoping to find a ¨router project¨ where they have a ¨remote interface¨ that would make it easy for inexperienced users to control the gateway machine from any workstation.  Ideally, the GUI interface would allow the user to just click on an icon, representing each currently turned on workstation, in order to ¨toggle¨ the internet access.  An incidental need (that I just discovered today) is for the gateway machine to also act as a WINS server.

Arthur