[SGVLUG] Re: November SGVLUG Talk

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Mon Nov 5 15:03:20 PST 2007

> -----Original Message----- Of Michael Proctor-Smith

> [...] When I has video taping the meeting I would ask the
> speaker and one ever had a problem. I stopped video taping
> the meeting because it was more trouble then I wanted to go
> through and I did not have the time to transcode and upload
> them afterwords so I ended up with tapes and or files that
> never went anywhere.

I agree wholeheartedly -- "doing a video" might be great fun once in a
while, but as soon as it becomes "a job that must be done", all the fun
drains out of it...  [yes, speaking from experience here...]

Now, having said that, I noticed at the SOCALWUG meetings that Frank has
a system that streams the meeting "live" as it captures it, which cuts
out the whole after-the-fact portion of the labor (i.e., the "boring"
part)  I think you've tried to accomplish the same thing with your
laptop, but ran into problems now and then.