[SGVLUG] Re: November SGVLUG Talk

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 14:49:27 PST 2007

On 11/5/07, Charles N Wyble <charles at thewybles.com> wrote:

> Matthew Gallizzi wrote:
> > AWESOME! Thanks guys. I don't know if everyone is for the recording stuff,
> > like Michael ... he wouldn't record it because he wants more attendance and
> > wanted me to show up ... hehe. I'd love to go, just can't... and I know I
> > could listen to it on my hour or so comutte to school.
>
> Well I think thats an incorrect attitude to have. Outright refusing to
> record something to increase attendance just irritates a whole lot of
> people. The approach I take, is have some additional content for people
> who are at the meeting. Not enough to make the recorded material
> incomplete, but just some nice extras.

Just to be clear I was refusing to record it as a joke. I wanted Matt
to show up. I have no problem with recording in general. When I has
video taping the meeting I would ask the speaker and one ever had a
problem. I stopped video taping the meeting because it was more
trouble then I wanted to go through and I did not have the time to
transcode and upload them afterwords so I ended up with tapes and or
files that never went anywhere.