[SGVLUG] Lug-hub [was a soon-to-be-rampant flamefest on documentation, but we'll let that pass...]

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Nov 2 11:18:56 PST 2007

> -----Original Message----- Of Charles N Wyble

[big ol' snip]

> I do agree that a lot of duplicate stuff exists. I am in the
> process of
> fixing that. I run a site at http://www.socallugs.com. Its an
> experiment
> of mine to get local lugs working together and producing good content.
> Then I plan to replicate it out. We shall see what happens.

Oh, yeah -- that reminded me -- someone posted your announcement of this
to the UUASC list, I didn't really think to comment on it then, but
since that point I've run across an interesting site called "eventful",
which although primarilly focused on "indie" musicians, can be used for
just about everything, including LUG meeting details  (for example...

http://eventful.com/events/E0-001-006801877-0@2007110819

And

http://eventful.com/events/E0-001-006801923-8

If you look towards the bottom of the page, they also offer an "eventful
API" for developers, perhaps this will be useful for you?