[SGVLUG] Youmail

Robert Cole robert.cole at support4linux.com
Fri May 18 09:41:08 PDT 2007

Hi guys, long time no talk just been lurking.

I went to work for a new company called Youmail, Inc. and discovered a
new service I didn't know about at http://www.youmail.com

Yes I do work here and all but I thought this might be of interest to my
fellow linux guys and gals. This system is completely developed and run
on linux systems. In fact the new system that is currently in production
are run on a network and servers I installed.

Anyway its a voicemail replacement for your cell phone that lets you
have custom greetings for each caller. You can listen or forward your
voicemails to any email address as well. Its a FREE service by the way
so it doesn't cost anything to try.

We're still refining the system and adding new features and such and the
really neat thing is some professionally recorded greetings you can
download and attach to any caller you wish. A funny one I use for when
my wife calls is one that says "Sorry, my master can't come to the phone
right now please leave a message" or something like that, she hates that. :)

Any feedback on the signup process (takes about 2 minutes or so),
suggestions or comments are welcome. Please email me directly if you like.

Robert