[SGVLUG] The day BEFORE installing -- check your media!

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu May 17 16:01:14 PDT 2007

Happy happy joy joy -- my new laptop arrived today [had it shipped to
the office]

In anticipation, I burned not one, but TWO copies of OpenSuSE [planned
to give one away at the meeting if someone wanted one]

Turns out "this was a good thing to do..."

Turns out I *also* forgot to do one rather crucial step -- VERIFY THE
MEDIA (especially important when you've burned your own copy)

During the install, I got the message "unable to find package KDEBASE3"
(and then words to the effect it was actually a corrupted file)

ACK!!! Sure enough, upon ejecting the disk, I saw immediately why it
failed -- or, as they say, a pictures worth a thousand words, so I'll
let the attachment do the rest of the talking [unless, of course, out
list strips it -- don't remember how Michael has it set up -- in any
case, it is a reasonably small file]