[SGVLUG] Upcoming speakers & topics

Greg Stark gstark at electrorent.com
Wed May 16 12:54:26 PDT 2007

Ok,

[Snipe]

> > BJ: I think we would get more people if we had a greater variety of
> > presentations for people at all levels. I have talked to a
> number of
> > people and found that they say that much of what is presented goes
> > over their heads. So apparently they have been largely oriented to
> > just a few.

BJ, flush this out a little.  What appeals to you or this audience?

> > BJ: There is no reason why it should be difficult to get
> presentations
> > from within the group. I suggest a regular round of "remedial"
> > presentations to review common tasks that need to be done.

How about this! :)
Lets have 26 minutes of success in addition to our speaker.  Most of it runs
in the background anyway.  The first 10 minutes going through setup wizard.
Then we have the talk.  Followed by a follow up "Ta Da".  Then in July we'll
do the backup (that's a pretty important thing to do,) and so on.  Kinda
like the Tool Tip thing.  Or maybe we do each time there is a new release.
Fedora 7 is coming out ready for Junes meeting...

> > BJ: Years ago I suggested a Linux-PC SIG. When people buy a machine
> > with Windows (whatever), it is almost up and running from
> the start.
> > One simply clicks the appropriate button and follows simple
> > directions. Not so with Ubuntu, or the other Linux distributions. I
> > still think it ought to be as easy for end users to use Linux as
> > Windows, but no one seems to have an interest it making it
> so. I would
> > love to do it, if I knew how, but I don't.
> >
> > Bob Jaffray
> >

> Well Bob as this (http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/windowsoem.shtml)
> artical points out linux is easier to install in many cases
> then windows.

Greg