[SGVLUG] Upcoming speakers & topics

George R Jaffray, Jr bobjaffray at juno.com
Tue May 15 10:26:37 PDT 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007 20:24:33 -0700 (PDT) matti <mathew_2000 at yahoo.com>
writes:

> thanks Greg!!!!
>

> > With that in mind, I see from a couple of weeks back, Greg has
> picked
> > up
> > the torch and run down a couple of presenters for the next two
> months
> > --
> > great job!!!  Now, we only need a couple more things to make this
> > complete
>
> also.. PLEASE do try and recruit more people
> to join our meetings.
>
> I've posted meeting announcements in Criagslist in
> the past
>
> thanks!
> matti

BJ: I think we would get more people if we had a greater
variety of presentations for people at all levels. I have talked
to a number of people and found that they say that much
of what is presented goes over their heads. So apparently
they have been largely oriented to just a few.

BJ: There is no reason why it should be difficult to get
presentations from within the group. I suggest a
regular round of "remedial" presentations to review common
tasks that need to be done.

BJ: Years ago I suggested a Linux-PC SIG. When people
buy a machine with Windows (whatever), it is almost up
and running from the start. One simply clicks the appropriate
button and follows simple directions. Not so with Ubuntu,
or the other Linux distributions. I still think it ought to be
as easy for end users to use Linux as Windows, but
no one seems to have an interest it making it so. I would
love to do it, if I knew how, but I don't.

Bob Jaffray