[SGVLUG] Speaker? (was sgvlug.org timing out)

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri May 4 10:32:31 PDT 2007

> -----Original Message----- Of matti
>
> ps - do we have a speaker for this months meeting yet?

Well, following on the "stepping into the goo" from last month when I
said I wanted to HEAR about PODCASTING (to which Michael picked on my
technique of following up with "so, you'll go away, learn this, and
present it next month eh?")  I *HAVE* been working up a short segment on
pod CATCHING -- the capture and playback of podcasts (i.e., "client
side" of the equation...)

However, my laptop is "a little flakey" of late (memory going bad I
think...) so I'm also shopping for a new one (strongly considering
another powernotebooks.com system as they are about one of maybe three
dealers who will sell systems WITHOUT an OS)  I'll be making a decisions
this weekend, and if I do buy it, I'll probably be receiving it
Wednesday or Thursday, so I might just be doing an install for the
meeting [wow, that would be novel...]

But if not, I really won't have a system suitable for doing any sort of
presentation, hence I haven't really stepped up and committed to this
yet...