[SGVLUG] Should this LUG become a GLUG (GNU/Linux Users Group)?

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 13:19:47 PST 2007

Hi,

"GLUG" - as in GNU Linux Users Group

unfortunately/fortunately (depending on who you are),
there are a number of key important linux system
components/applications/products which are NOT GNU..

example - apache.

thus, using GNU as a label would be probably
less than desired.

also, I like to discuss non-linux OSes also..
such as BSD and the like.

we already have enough challenges to get enough
topics/speakers, and I am concerned that GLUG as
a label would make it harder...

also, as others mentioned, most LUGs are a
bit more than "linux only", which imho is good.

best!
matti