[SGVLUG] tzdata2007c.tar.gz

Marsden MacRae mmacrae at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 12 07:27:00 PST 2007

Morning!
Alright, I admit it. I didn't get the DST problem fixed on the linux
boxes. Bad S/A! No Biscuit! Must by donuts for office!

I've got two problems, one little and stupid and one big and stupid.

As a temp fix "no problem, I could just set it manually." I thought.
Right? Most unfortunately I failed to bring the purple book to work,
"man date" isn't giving me info I can translate and Bryan isn't
answering the phone, so I don't know how.

Isn't the command
#date=

??
could somebody kindly spoonfeed me some syntax? at least I won't be able
to hear your giggles over the phone.

Next, I found
with quite readable instructions on a fix, BUT

# ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/

answers "No such file or directory."  Google didn't turn up any mirrors.
Anybody know where I can get it? Did one of you already get it and feel
like emailing it to me?

Thanks for any help!
Marsden