[SGVLUG] Off-topic - solar power - city of pasadena

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Mar 9 11:24:12 PST 2007

> -----Original Message----- Of Robert Leyva
>
> The city of Pasadena has a URL about their policy on home
> solar grid intertie systems and how to go about it.
>
> http://www.ci.pasadena.ca.us/waterandpower/program_solar.asp

In the "it always pays to read the fine print" section, I noticed a
brief paragraph entitled "Interconnection" that states:

     "... National Electric Code (NEC) standards may prohibit operation
of the customer's system when PWP power is interrupted."

So, I take it that if there is a power failure in the middle of a hot
sunny day ('cause too many A/C units are online), your solar system
would shut down too...