[SGVLUG] [OT] "Gibbs" and ??? (was: Help spread the word)

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Jun 21 15:07:40 PDT 2007

As this topic further splinters and diverges, Dustin commented:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 09:45:40AM -0700, Don Gibbs wrote:
> >
> > > Nature abhors a vacuum
> >
> > Is this really true?  Seems to me this is a quaint anachronism since
> > only a tiny, tiny part of the universe is not a vacuum.
>
> > Don Gibbs		| "Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas
>
> I forgot to ask if you knew how magnificently ironic your
> last name is in this context. :-)

Hmmm... I'll admit I had to bite on this -- since I wasn't really sure
what "context" you were implying, I decided to try this google search:
"Gibbs Vacuum"

Results:
  1) Gibbs vacuum die-casting method

  2) Gibbs gets a new vacuum and ponders life, the universe, and
everything [or, why you need a kirby in your network...]

  3) 2005 publications: H.M. Gibbs, "Vacuum Rabi splitting with a single
quantum dot in a photonic crystal" [How did Hershel get involved again?]

  4) "...Gibbs vacuum ladling process..." [of slurry-based semi solids?]

  5) a paper entitled "use of series inductance in vacuum spark spectra"
[sorry, this is physics, not computers...]

  6) "Available energy, parts I & II" [cue David Lawyer's discussion of
"total energy of a system..."]

  7) Elasticity: Equations of motion: BASIC SEISMOLOGY 7 [a pay-per-view
pdf...]

  8) Amber Archive Jul 2004: AMBER: About the free energy difference
[ok, enough...]