[SGVLUG] Summertime conflicts...

David Lawyer dave at lafn.org
Sun Jun 17 01:11:17 PDT 2007

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 09:06:15PM -0700, Tom Emerson wrote:

Regarding dance at Santa Monica pier.

> Michael Proctor-Smith wrote:
> > You know Tom my question is why you would point out to the list some
> > place for people on the list to be while they should be SGVLUG
> > meeting?

I noticed that there was a "dance" ? at Caltech tonite:

       [86]Dance Under the Stars with the Music of Orquestra Charangoa,
       8:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Beckman Mall
       L.A.'s most authentic Cuban dance-music group, Orquestra Charangoa,
       will perform on the mall outside Beckman Auditorium. This event is
       free, and no tickets or reservations are required. Information:

So why go all the way to Santa Monica?  But there are always competing
activities and I'm so far behind on so many different projects (and
health concerns like exercise) and also Linux is becoming only
something of secondary interest to me, so I seldom (if ever) attend.
So I agree with Tom that it's fine to mention competing activities.

			David Lawyer