[SGVLUG] Synchronizing and maintaining gpg/pgp keyrings -- recommendations?

Dustin Laurence dustin at laurences.net
Thu Jun 14 11:03:43 PDT 2007

On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 05:50:28PM -0700, Emerson, Tom (*IC) wrote:

> As part of the preparation for our upcoming August presentation, I'm
> doing a little house-cleaning on my public/private keys.  I've come to
> the conclusion that what I've got is a mess, so I was wondering what
> others do or recommend when dealing with PGP/GPG on "more than one
> machine"

Recommend might be a bit strong, as I didn't really try to figure out
other ways, but my way is simple: one and only one machine is the
master, and only it syncs with the keyservers.  To sync the other
machine, I tar up the .gnupg directory and replace the one on the slave
machine.

I should automate this process, now that you remind me.  But it's quite
simple anyway.

Dustin

--
    "Intolerance?  The *truth* is intolerant." -- le Faux

The small binary attachment on every message I send is my PGP digital
signature, not a virus.  If you don't know what that is, you can ignore it.
If you do, my keyserver is pgp.mit.edu.