[SGVLUG] help promote our user group! we need more people!

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Jun 7 13:43:35 PDT 2007

Interesting, but has a few problems -- I set up a search for the term
"rockets" and got an article on Brittany Spears (hitting "rock" bottom),
someone who mentioned eating at "johnny rockets", a page of band events
where one band (or was it a song?) had the word "rocket" in their name,
and so on.  All too often when I search for "linux", I get unrelated
pages where there happens to be an /ad/ for something "linux related" on
the page -- the "story" itself has nothing to do with linux...

I'm also not too keen on the fact that the links take you to /their/
version of the page, and then you have to click again to get to the
/actual/ page referenced...

-----Original Message----- Of Matthew Gallizzi

This site has a cool widget we could put on the site for Linux news.

http://www.rootly.com/tools/widget/

http://www.linuxforums.org/ has it on the bottom left hand corner...
but, you can do a lot of different customizations with it. Just a
thought :D

[