[SGVLUG] List servers

Chris Nolan chris at invert.com
Mon Jul 23 07:19:03 PDT 2007

We're running Linux, as membership on this list may suggest.  Mailman
and postfix can be run independent of one another as complete
solutions.  Combining the two gives you much greater flexibility and
scalability.  In our environment we also have a nasty Exchange server
(bleh) in the mix.  The postfix mta sits in front of everything and
decides what external mail should go where, removes spam, and drops
email from numerous APNIC subnets.