[SGVLUG] List servers

Chris Nolan chris at invert.com
Fri Jul 20 07:01:15 PDT 2007

A combination of postfix and mailman are the way to go.  Mailman is
highly customizable and fairly easy to maintain.  It also allows you
to push list administration off to the list owner (which can be a
blessing and a curse in one).  We run our configuration on a Dell 1950
with 2 GB of RAM and 160GB mirrored HDs.  I think this configuration
is overkill because of our low volume but it is all really dependent
on the amount of mail you expect to go through the system.