[SGVLUG] Installfest this Sunday at SMC!

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Jul 13 14:58:29 PDT 2007

[Please forward and post liberally]

Lula / Lilax / David Morgan / a cast of thousands present:

What:  Linux Installfest!
Where: Santa Monica College, room 259 of the Business Building
When:  Sunday July 15th. 10:30 AM
Details: http://homepage.smc.edu/morgan_david/linuxdemoday/

We'll not only show you how to install Linux, we'll also
show you how to easily get multimedia apps working.
And we'll even help you get games like World of Warcraft
(bring your own copy...).  And, of course, we'll show
off favorite apps like OpenOffice and Wine.

If you want to set up Linux on your system:
Don't bring old CRT monitors, we have some you can use;
just bring your system unit.  (You can bring your LCD monitor
if you really want to.)  Please arrive between 10:30 and 11AM.

If you just want to chat about Linux, come any time 10:30 to noon.
At 1PM we will have a short presentation about OpenOffice
(a free replacement for MS Office) and about Wine (how to run
Windows programs on LInux).

If you want to help other people:
please show up between 10:15 and 10:30.
[And consider bringing some ethernet cables,
a power strip, and maybe a hub.]

See you there!
- Dan