[SGVLUG] getting Asterisk to work with SPA-3102

Matthew Gallizzi matthew.gallizzi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 02:30:20 PST 2007

Hm, support new installations or work with existing ... well, it either
overwrites the distro, or you can run it in VMware. I run it in VMware
server and grabbed the Trixbox VMware image from their website (recommended,
it is optimized for VMware).  I'd probably go this route for the sake of
testing.

Yes, I set up a basic phone system and utilized extensions / ring groups /
follow me / IVR / incoming and outgoing trunks / music on hold / voicemail /
misc destination calls. Still a lot more to it, but pretty cool stuff. Hm,
standalone - what exactly do you mean? Actually, if you just want to test
the voicemail system - you could set up a test server and just call each
other with SIP softphones phones and leave a voice message there. I'd go
that route.

People are always on IRC :) Sometimes you might need to wait there, but it
never hurts to try. Good luck! Feel free to stop by the #sgvlug channel :)

--
Matthew Gallizzi