[SGVLUG] getting Asterisk to work with SPA-3102

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 13:08:57 PST 2007

Any Asterisk users here?

Per Kerry's recommendation I picked up a Linksys SPA-3102 which is an
updated version of the 3000 that adds a router to the basic FXO/FXS
external box.  All the asterisk instructions I've been able to find
talk about the 3000 so it took a while to figure out how to get around
the router part.

I got the analog part working, I can access the Linksys voice menu and
I can get the fail-over passthru to work.  Network wise I can connect
to the web config screens, see that it's registering and if I enable
debug, I can see the asterisk messages going back and forth but I
can't get a simple dial plan to work.  I just want to see if I can
pick up the extension and hear "hello world" or the voice message menu
system.  I have not signed up a voip account yet.

I'm guessing I'm missing something simple and wanted to check locally
before moving on to the asterisk forums.

claude