[SGVLUG] RMS speaking in LA and San Diego

Steve Bibayoff bibayoff at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 13:29:06 PST 2007

Hello,

Some of this info has already been pasted around, but here are more details.

Richard Stallman will be giving talks at USC, Caltach, and UC San
Diego next week (Mon-Wed, Feb 26-28). All of these talks are open to
the public. Here are the time and topics.

Monday, Feb 26 at USC. The topic is "The Free Software Movement and
the GNU/Linux Operating System" and will be giving at 3:30-7:00pm at
Salvatori Computer Science Center, rm 101 (SAL 101). More info here:
http://www.fsf.org/events/uscspeech
http://www.cs.usc.edu/calendar/csevents.asp
http://www.cs.usc.edu/calendar/.%5Cics%5C501.ics
map of USC, driving and parking directions:
http://www.usc.edu/about/visit/upc/driving_directions/
http://www.usc.edu/about/visit/upc/public_parking/

Tuesday, Feb 27 at Caltech. The topic is "Copyright vs. Community in
the Age of Computer Networks" and will be giving at 12:00-12:45pm at
room 74, Jorgensen (Building 80), 1200 E. California Boulevard,
Pasadena CA 91125. It's in the basement, near the side door (East
side of the building; reachable from stairs on the outside). I was
asked by some of the people sponsoring the Caltech talk to convey the
message that the room that Richard is speaking in only holds at most
100 people, so if the room fills up, they would like to reserve seats
first for Caltech students and faculty. More information on the talk
is here:
http://www.fsf.org/events/caltechspeech
http://www.cs.caltech.edu/seminars/lunch_bunch.html
map and directions:
http://www.caltech.edu/map/

Wednesday, Feb 28 at UC San Diego. The topic is "The Free Software
Movement and the GNU/Linux Operating System" (same as Monday, just 100
miles south by southeast ;-) ) and will be giving at 11:00am-12:00pm
at University of California, San Diego, EBU3b 1202, La Jolla, CA
92093-0404. More information on the talk is here:
http://www.fsf.org/events/ucsdspeech
http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/webcal/webcal?month=02&day=28&year=2007&title=CSE%20Guest%20Speaker:%20Richard%20Stallman%20-%20The%20GNU%20Project
Directions and parking info:
http://www.cse.ucsd.edu/aboutcse/mapsdirectionshome.html

And in case you don't know who Richard Stallman is, here is a short bio:
http://www.gnu.org/people/speakers.html#Stallman

And questions, please direct them to me(and I'll forward them to the
correct person) or send them to Richard's assistant rms-assist at gnu.org

Steve