[SGVLUG] Off-topic - home guerrilla solar systems

juanslayton at dslextreme.com juanslayton at dslextreme.com
Tue Feb 20 22:51:20 PST 2007

Munjal Thakkar
> Michael is right .... the same electrons don't come back to you, something
> to do with grounding and conducting back to the power plant underground or
> something, right?

I think I read somewhere that the mean drift of electrons through a
conductor is on the order of a few centimeters per second.  So unless your
house is very small, very few electrons actually leave the premises, and
on an AC line, these promptly return.  It's a zero sum game.  Maybe Edison
should pay a use tax for my providing access....  : )

John