[SGVLUG] Off-topic - home guerrilla solar systems

Robert Leyva mrflash818 at geophile.net
Mon Feb 19 20:42:12 PST 2007

Decided to really look into getting a solar power system to reduce my
electrical load, even if it was just for the principal of the matter.

Found out that there are some kits that provide about 100W AC for around $1k.

I particularly liked some of the linked stories of small guerrilla solar
systems people had set up. If I even could eventaully do a 200w system,
that would be 1/2 of my window A/C's power use once the heat waves come
later this summer.

http://www.solarwarrior.com/

and

http://www.homepower.com/magazine/guerrilla.cfm