[SGVLUG] AJAX problem

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 10:49:11 PST 2007

On 2/6/07, Peter Fogg <peter.fogg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I am involved in the development of a website that uses AJAX in several
> places. The site works without a problem on my several iMac OS 10x and
> Windows XP computers. However, the AJAX parts of the site do not work
> for several other people on their various Windows computers in their
> homes. In addition, some of them have experienced intermittent success
> with the AJAX.
>
>   This message appears: "Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to
> call method XMLHttpRequest.open".
>
> Yes, the entire site, database, php files etc. is in the same domain.
>
> Any thoughts on this head-scratcher will be appreciated.
>
> Peter -

Get the exact time for the errors then check your web server logs for
errors.  check both the access and error logs.

A quick google search using your error text says to check to make sure
you don't have references to file:/// or not using a fully qualified
host name.  Also check for cross  domain scripting security issues.