[SGVLUG] Fw: Laptop computer - do you know anything about it?

Tom Emerson osnut at pacbell.net
Thu Dec 13 09:06:00 PST 2007

I got the following excerpt of an article from my mom -- as she says, she doesn't "subscribe" to whatever newsletter this came from, so only has the front page or so.  Unfortunately, the author does not mention the manufacturer or a couple of other juicy details, but in reading the description of what comes "standard", it sounds suspiciously like it might be a Linux based laptop.  I know there is the "one laptop per child" initiative that is currently at around half this price, but I don't think it weighs as little nor is as small as what is mentioned here.

If anyone knows more about this (and yeah, I'll probably search google too...) let me know and I'll get back to her -- thanks