[SGVLUG] Any Oracle Guru's around here?

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Dec 6 13:52:22 PST 2007

Now that the system I support is retired, I'm being moved around and it
looks like I'll be doing a lot /more/ with Oracle than I had in the past
-- in particular, it looks like I'll be working with "forms" now [in the
past, our VB app provided the front-end to the database]

So, I've "tried out" the form designer -- took a bit of investigative
work to determine that the way to access "objects" within the form is to
use a colon (:) before the container/object name (that not-so-trivial
fact doesn't appear in the on-line help, at least, not in any way that
was easy to determine -- couldn't even find an "example" that referenced
form items)

I found a nice tutorial online, which helped me quite a bit, but I'm
still missing some critical details -- like how to populate a form with
EXISTING data...

Any suggestions for more tutorials or information?