[SGVLUG] creative commons meeting in LA thur 8/30

matti mathew_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 11:32:31 PDT 2007

--- Miguel Hernandez <migtek at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's awesome! Thanks for the heads-up, Matti. No idea how I missed
> this,
> being a huge fan of CC.
>
> --miguel

thanks Miguel!

folks, please feel free to pass this info to various
people you think maybe interested. - matti

--

&#9658; First CC Salon LA: Eric Steuer, Pixelodeon, and Vosotros Music

"This Thursday, August 30th, between 7PM and 9PM, we will be hosting
our very first CC Salon in Los Angeles at LAND in Little Tokyo (366 E.
2nd St). The Salons are a great opportunity to meet-up with others
interested in Creative Commons, technology, new media and discuss how
we can all work together."

"To say we are excited for this Salon would be an understatement -
joining us will be JetSet Show/Pixelodeon, the popular vlog/Vloger
Awards Conference (discussed previously here), and Vosotros Music,
an amazing LA-based, CC-oriented, record label. Eric Steuer, CC’s
Creative Director, will be rounding out the Salon with a discussion
of what is happening in the world of CC in the upcoming months."

&#9658; about creative commons:

Share, reuse, and remix — legally.
Creative Commons provides free tools that let authors, scientists,
artists, and educators easily mark their creative work with the
freedoms
they want it to carry. You can use CC to change your copyright terms
from "All Rights Reserved" to "Some Rights Reserved."

We're a nonprofit organization. Everything we do — including the
software we create — is free.

http://creativecommons.org/

as listed in upcoming, yahoo
http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/257289/?ps=6