[SGVLUG] topic list for presentations

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Tue Aug 14 10:15:04 PDT 2007

> -----Original Message----- Of Claude Felizardo
>
> Not too long ago someone posted a link to another LUG that had a list
> of requested presentation topics.   It looked like as talks were
> given, they were crossed off to show that the topic had been
> covered. Any chance of doing something similar on our
> website?

Sure -- just give me the list of what you want presented... :)

> Possibly with the date so we know when it was last
> covered?  Again, I think it would show how active the LUG is
> as well as provide links to the presentation material.

I have some ideas on how/what I could do here, I just need to see if I
can work it into the framework we're using...  (the biggest problem,
though, is getting the "presentation material" on to the system so I can
link to it...)

> btw, I think I'm about ready to give a demo of what I've been
> playing with regarding Asterisk and Home Automation (my
> favorite topic).  Sept won't work for me so how about Oct?

OK, I'll use that as an example to get started.  There *was* a message
from Matti some time back [may have just been to me] about someone who
wanted to present in September, but so far they haven't stepped forward
with details.

With that in mind, I'd like to direct eyeballs to this page:

http://www.sgvlug.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=69&Itemi
d=49