[SGVLUG] meeting tonight - look forward to seeing everyone there

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Thu Aug 9 09:54:37 PDT 2007

It is best to show up early -- gives you a chance to meet others before the meeting proper.  We meet at Caltech in the "Downs" building, room 107 -- this building is facing California street, and there is usually parking on the street available.  The "athletic field" was recently [about 2-3 years ago] renovated to have an underground parking facility placed under it, and as far as I know it's open to the public in the evenings.  This is basically across the street from where we meet.

The exterior door to the meeting room is usually locked in the evening, so we have a remote doorbell to get our attention [please don't knock on the glass or rattle the door -- there ARE some students and/or professors who work late...]

After the meeting, several folks head over to Burger Continental for a late meal, desert, beer, or snack (it's OK to "just order water") AND a continuation of the main discussion [OR a completely unrelated discussion -- for instance, the topic of bunny heads came up last month...]