[SGVLUG] Distance between two locations

Peter Fogg peter.fogg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 4 10:52:33 PDT 2007

Thanks for the responses, guys! My requirement is for great circle
distance between locations. There is code out there for calculating the
required distance but it requires that the longitude and latitude of
the end-points be manually entered. This will, of course, work.

However, the site is a MySpace-type site in which a a member can search
for other members within a given distance. The distance required is
great circle distance between addresses. BTW, within the Continental
USA.

I am hoping that I can contact someone with experience this capability
in a Web site.

Peter -