[SGVLUG] Distance between two locations

Jeremy Leader jleader at alumni.caltech.edu
Fri Aug 3 17:28:11 PDT 2007

Determining the latitude/longitude of a location from its address is often
referred to as "geocoding"; a web search for that term should help.

For small numbers of requests, I believe both Yahoo and Google provide APIs to
use their maps databases to do geocoding; they might even do the distance
calculation for you too.  I believe Yahoo's is documented in
developer.yahoo.com, I don't know about Google's API docs.

--
Jeremy Leader
jleader at alumni.caltech.edu
leaderj at yahoo-inc.com (work)