[SGVLUG] Free wireless access in Burbank...

Emerson, Tom (*IC) Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Tue Apr 17 09:48:24 PDT 2007

This may be old news to some (I think this was implemented some time in
2005) but I'm curious if anyone has any experience with it...

http://www.downtown-burbank.org/wifi.htm

Here at work we're a few miles from this "hotspot zone", which covers
the media center (Ikea, Barnes & Noble, CompUSA, etc.)  BUT  we're also
on the 8th floor of our building.  The other day my boss was tinkering
with his laptop and noticed a wireless network called
"freepublicwireless", which, of course, required a login...

Tom Emerson
818-977-8828