[SGVLUG] Here's your sign...

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Mon Sep 25 13:42:48 PDT 2006

Found something somewhat cool over the weekend (some of you may have
noticed I put it on the website -- need suggestions, though, for the
best place to locate it -- it's just a little wider than the "blinking
tux" we have now otherwise I might have used that spot)

It is a "sign" that is dynamically generated each time it's accessed --
it basically extracts your IP, browser, OS, and possibly your ISP from
the HTTP header fields (or else looks up the ISP based on your IP...)
and presents them back to you -- freaks some people out, of course, who
think the server is "spying" on them...

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/sgvlug.jpg

[it's customized with some "slogans" specific to our group --
suggestions here as well are welcome ;) ]