[SGVLUG] Linux and wireless issus

Ramsin Savra ramsinsavra at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 25 12:55:53 PDT 2006

Thanks for your tip. Yes they both had  a stopped status. Now running but it is for wired connection only. Am I missing something?

Michael Proctor-Smith <mproctor13 at gmail.com> wrote: On 9/25/06, Ramsin Savra  wrote:

> Hello Michael,
>
> Good for you! I used same driver but I don't know what networkManager is.
> Can you give me some advice on this?

Well Networkmanager manages networks, as root try:
/etc/init.d/NetworkManager start
/etc/init.d/NetworkManagerDispatcher start
If you are in X an icon try item should show up that allows you
graphically manage network. It will look find avaliable wireless
networks and allow you to connect.