[SGVLUG] Linux and wireless issus

Ramsin Savra ramsinsavra at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 25 12:16:41 PDT 2006

Hello Michael,

Good for you! I used same driver but I don't know what networkManager is. Can you give me some advice on this?

Thanks

Michael Proctor-Smith <mproctor13 at gmail.com> wrote: On 9/19/06, Ramsin Savra  wrote:

> Hello Group,
>
> I was wondering if anybody from this group has been able to make wireless
> work on FC5. I have tried different drivers/firmwares for IBM T42 but no
> success yet!
>
> any idea?

FC5 wireless works great for me, a quick google shows that T42 has
ipw2200 wireless hardware. Have you tried networkManager? Works good
most of the time. I think they changed ipw2200 driver like they
changed ipw3945 driver to not auto associate, so you may need to
manually use essid, or use network manager which will find available
wireless network and allow you to connect.