[SGVLUG] Linux Boot Disk with Wine?

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Fri Sep 15 16:49:53 PDT 2006

What about "vmware player" or whatever it was they've been promoting
lately?  The "player" is free, all you would need to do is find someone
with the "workstation" or gsx/esx "server" to create a "virtual
appliance" for you that is "just" the application you're looking for
(i.e., win9x + adam...)  [given this is for "educational use", you might
even find the folks at vmware themselves willing to create such an
"appliance"]  The "sticky point", however, might be the fact that you
are effectively creating a "windows 3.1/9x" instance, which could run
afoul of licensing  (I noticed that in the list of pre-developed
"appliances" there are several variations of complete Linux
distributions, but no "windows" instances, not even a "kiosk
application", whereby the only thing you can do is run the particular
program and nothing else)