[SGVLUG] Penguin from "Back East" looking for the Meeting

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 12:19:12 PDT 2006

On 9/14/06, Mic Chow <zen at netten.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm am old Penguin from "Back East."  I was an active member of GOLUM
> (Group Of Linux Users Memphis) and have recently moved to Southern
> California.  I am still learning the area.  I understand that the
> meetings are on the 2nd Thursdays of the month on the Caltech campus.  I
> kind of know where Caltech is, but don't know my way around Caltech or
> what the parking is like for the meetings.  I live in Pasadena, but work
> out of Burbank, so I will be coming from Burbank on the 134.  Any help
> for the lost?
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Mic
> North Hollywood, CA
> N34 8'33.02"
> W118 21'39.62"

I was going to say that there's a nice map on our web site,
http://www.sgvlug.net/map.html but it seems to be broken.   doh, it's
now fixed.

Once you do get to caltech the campus interactive map that is also
available on the front page shows the building:
http://www.caltech.edu/map/main.html?bn=47

Don't have the address handy but the nearest intersection is
california and arden.  There are parking lots nearby but I normally
park on the street.

btw, for all new comers, the entrance to the building is usually
locked after business hours but our room is right next to the entrance
so please knock gently and hopefully someone will let you in.  Please
do not bother any of the normal occupants of the building - no tapping
on windows, etc.  We'll have signs up right? Maybe one of these days
someone will bring a portable doorbell.

claude