[SGVLUG] APL (A Programming Language) was Re: Response to some posts...

David Lawyer dave at lafn.org
Wed Sep 13 16:46:38 PDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 09:07:11AM -0700, A. J. Stasney wrote:

> On the database/spreadsheet issue, this will ONLY be of any use
> to those who have some familiarity with the legacy array oriented
> programming language APL2 (IBM is now apparently the only US seller
> and promoter of this high-level interpreted language).

There's aplx available free for personal use on Linux and a+ (aplus is
a debian package) which claims to be like apl.  I've never tried
either of them but have used apl in a statistics class, etc.  In fact
there was a whole book on statistics which expressed the formulas
using apl.

[snip]
			David Lawyer