[SGVLUG] FC repository searches

Michael Proctor-Smith mproctor13 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 12:57:03 PDT 2006

On 9/12/06, Mike Fedyk <mfedyk at mikefedyk.com> wrote:
> [...]

Funnily enough I am a fan of Fedora and Red Hat's company everything
GPL policy. But it was worse then that my company was a paid support
customer of RHL9 that ran 9 months after the end of life of RHL9. So
they offered me a free "upgrade" to RHEL support for the life of our
current contract. Then at the end of that contract it was full price
RHEL(like 800+ dollars per machine). So I was off to whitebox sense
basically all I wanted was automatic updates. Having never wanted to
actually call someone for support. They missed my companies money we
were willing to pay 100 a year/per machine for automatic updates, but
Red Hat aperantly did not want that money. So I get there work for
free from whitebox isn't GPL great. That is why I don't worry about
Red Hat becoming a Monopoly as long as they have a company everything
is GPL policy.