[SGVLUG] Idea for Thursday: Stump the Chumps

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Mon Sep 11 14:48:32 PDT 2006

Since I didn't directly recognize it, I did a search...

Lots of variants, it seems...

  -- first hit is an ongoing web-based game of "name that tune"
  -- another was a blogger willing to take on "any" question (though it
takes a bit of effort to find his answers)
  -- another was a minister who got stumped by the following:
     kids: how can more than one religion be right?
     Minister: they can't all be right, suppose I point out Fred's shirt
is yellow, but you say it's blue -- either I'm right and you're wrong,
you're right and I'm wrong, or somehow we're both wrong
     kids: ahh, to you, his shirt may be what you believe to be yellow,
yet to us it is what we believe to be blue, thus we're both right

[heavily paraphrased...]

  -- a radio/web-podcast station (wtvn) who has a "chump" that "can turn
any PC into sludge, regardless of whether it runs windows or mac"  [and
yes, I noticed Linux was not mentioned there... ;) ]

> Whoever can post the most
> entertaining/thought-provoking/bizzare/lame problem ... I
> recommend making a complete backup first. :-)

Here's one -- how does one actually go about recovering from a backup?

(this gets into a chicken-and-egg sort of problem; especially when the
backup was made with the prior release, or better still, a different
distro entirely)