[SGVLUG] Help with file format

Greg Stark gstark at electrorent.com
Wed Nov 29 17:21:23 PST 2006

James,
You can config the DTS to ignore errors and continue loading.  Maybe the
file is corrupt in one spot... you'll find out.

I would think you have more detail about the file from your customer, like
what's in the file.  That its data from their database, you should know what
columns and data types make a row (unless it's a Pick database.)

Stretching here... Might you have a file size issue? Is the file larger than
4GB? If it is, is line 15103 at that 4GB boundry? (Probably not, that's a
278Kb record size)Yes, you say! Could it be that your disk is formatted DOS
and not NTFS?  DOS has a problem when the file size is greater than 4Gb.

Greg