[SGVLUG] website suggestions

Claude Felizardo cafelizardo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 15:22:13 PST 2006

I was reminded that I needed to post a meeting announcement to the
caltech calendar so I took at look at our website and noticed a few
things:

1)  I think there should be more information about the upcoming
meeting on the main page such as the title and speaker, preferably
most of the text that shows up when you clink on the link to read
more.  Why make people dig to find out about one time events.

2) For the calendar challenged, I think it would be nice to have the
actual date of the next general and sig meetings on the front page as
well.  Hopefully there's some kind of <tag> you could use to generate
this automatically rather than having to edit each time.

3) Addresses.  Let's put the address of meetings on the front page as
well.  A link to a map is nice but it would be handy to have the info
readily available on one page to print.

4) Is there an install-fest this saturday or not?  Is it a secret?  If
not, then it should be featured prominently on the page.

5) Probably should include a short blurb about the java sig like what
the current plan is and when and where they are meeting.

Finally just wanted to say thanks again to Mike and Tom for setting
this up and maintaining it.

claude