[SGVLUG] PCC (Pasadena City College) class in Linux

dmoore dmoorelists at dslextreme.com
Mon Nov 20 11:59:24 PST 2006

As such, under the name "linux," no. However the grant money and program
I referred to involves a short certificate titled "networking." This
certificate was formally approved by the college a couple months ago.
Getting it means taking a set of 6 classes (see the links below). 2 are
non-linux, the other 4 are linux throughly. There's one class in Windows
networking, (I told them that's necessary, students can't go out in the
world claiming to know about PC networking and not know what Active
Directory does. They need to have somebody else teach that.) And there's
one class entitled "Technology Project Management," which is in there
because NASA wants it the education they're paying for infused with
"project management." The other 4 courses you see at the link are very
"linux" but only one says so in words on the title. 2 I teach and have
taught (CS41 CS70) and 2 are new to SMC (CS78 CS75) though one is based
on a precursor taught elsewhere. It remains for a student to take the
set of courses then fill out some paperwork and the school records that
they got the certificate.

http://www.smc.edu/csis/nasa/

http://www.smc.edu/csis/pages/degrees_cert/cert_completion/cs/networking.htm