[SGVLUG] Hello World!

Jason Riker jasonrkr at verizon.net
Sun Nov 5 13:48:30 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-05 at 09:52 -0800, Tom Emerson wrote:

Thanks, Tom.  The planning meeting for the Beginning Java Study Group
was indeed a success.  We had 13 members show up to discuss the
structure of the new group.   Here's what was decided, what was left
unanswered, and things to note.

Decided
- The group will meet in or around Pasadena.
- The meeting will be held Monday night from 7:00pm to 9:00pm.
- We will meet the first, second, and third Monday of the month.
- We will start by studying Sang Shin's Java Intro, which can be found
at http://www.javapassion.com/javaintro
- Once we're comfortable with each other as a group, we will select a
book and begin a chapter by chapter study.

Undecided
- Actual location where we will meet.
- Study Text.
- Developement Environment (Eclipse, Netbeans, Text Editor).

Things to note
- The meeting day may be changed to Wednesday if a suitable room cannot
be found on Mondays.
- As Tom mentioned above, we have a mailing list.  Please sign up!
- It's not too late to join if you're interested.

The first meeting will be Monday, November 13.
- For this meeting you should read Chapter 1 of Shin's tutorial.
- Jana Lingo will provide a demonstration of Eclipse.
- Bring your Java books so others can review them as potential texts for
the group.

Please feel free to e-mail me off list if you have any questions.

Thanks again to Tom and the SGVLUG DevSIG for allowing us to share their
time yesterday.  Also, thanks to all who showed up to help create the
group.

Sincerely,

Jason Riker