[SGVLUG] What they don't know might hurt them...

Emerson, Tom Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com
Tue May 23 12:46:08 PDT 2006

(or, "what's in a name anyway?")

I forgot to mention this at the last meeting(*), but at the last
computer show I came across a booth promoting Linux education (as in
"learning to install and use Linux", not "using linux to teach and/or
learn about other subjects")  They are currently discounting their
"Intro to Linux workshop" from $250 down to $50.

Listed among "things you will learn" is this line (including emphasis):

   "Install & manage a Linux System using the command line interface
(NOT GUI!)"

These folks are located in Orange county, so it may be a stretch to get
to this (though I think this ends up being a "one day seminar", possibly
on a saturday...)  but the biggest killer to getting any customers may
be their own name: Gates College

(ok, you can groan now)

Their website is http://www.gatescollege.com.  If anyone is interested
in this and/or takes their class, I'd be interested in hearing what you
think of them, their facillity, what they taught, etc. so I can
recommend them (or not) as appriopriate...

Tom Emerson
818-977-8828

(*) I had placed their flyer in my jacket pocket, but forgot to wear
that jacket to the meeting...