[SGVLUG] Question on Fedora (ver 5)

Ramsin Savra ramsinsavra at yahoo.com
Mon May 22 16:34:46 PDT 2006

  Thanks but no the system comes up with a different boot disc but not with the redhat 1.

  Weird !!!

"Emerson, Tom" <Tom.Emerson at wbconsultant.com> wrote:
  -----Original Message----- Of Ramsin Savra

It seems I'm missing something. I have downloaded new version of Fedora
and I burned a CD. I have done it already and the system used to boot up
but this time it didn't come up while using the CD1.

Am I missing something? please let me know it.

Have you perhaps altered a BIOS setting or two? In particular, "boot
order" or anything related to booting-from-CD?

Do other boot/install CD's work? If so, then there is likely a problem
with the boot image of the latest disk; if even the older ones don't,
then re-check your BIOS boot order settings and/or virus check/alert
settings.